Sunday, May 1, 2011

Curly Girlie

This week's hair inspiration came from one of my favorite singers as a teen...Gwen Stefani!


Gwen+Stefani+2010+Kennedy+Center+Honors+QwWvmt1DMKYl.jpg

I hadn't done this since college...but took it upon myself to curl my braids.  How do you curl synthetic hair?  Good question!

First I put my hair in medium size ponytails all over.  Then I divided each ponytail into smaller parts and put rollers around them.


Then I GENTLY washed my hair with Joico's Color Endure shampoo and used towels to squeeze the excess water out of the rollers.  To make sure that the braids were really curled, I boiled hot water and dunked each section of rollers into a bowl of the hot water for 30 seconds.  (TIP: If you do this, be sure to hold a towel around your neck & ears...you don't want to burn yourself!)

I squeezed the water  out of the rollers, applied some extra-hold Pre-Con Gel to my roots to prevent flyaways, put on a scarf, laid a towel on my pillows to absorb any water & went to sleep!  The next day's results:

I took me awhile to figure out a good way to get my hair over like Gwen's.  I had to part it and put a scarf on it to try and flatten some of this hair.  I put in a couple of bobby pins & now I'm all set!





No comments:

Post a Comment