Monday, August 15, 2011

Cuts Grease...AND Oil!

I don't know about the rest of you naturalistas, but I can sometimes get a little carried away when applying castor oil or EVOO.  And when I say carried away, I mean to the point where I have oil spots on my clothes.

A couple of weeks ago, I was styling my hair right after work...I shoulda changed out of my work clothes...smh.  When I finished with my hair, I looked down at my clothes and saw this:

Notice the castor oil stains on the bottom of my sweater & near the crotch area of the shorts.

Thankfully, a while back I learned (from a source I honestly can't remember) that dish soap gets out oil stains in clothes.  Remember, dish soap is used to cut grease, so it makes sense for it to work with oil stains.  I applied some Palmolive to the spots on my clothes & let it sit for some time, then put them in the wash.  Here's the result:

The stains are GONE!  YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment