Sunday, January 29, 2012

4 Hours Later...

ilovemyhair. ilovemyhair. ilovemyhair. ilovemyhair.

This is what you can hear me muttering to myself on days like today when I get frustrated trying to style all this thick, natural hair.  Sure it's a blessing to have healthy hair...but sometimes the amount of work it takes to upkeep it can be exasperating.

I woke up from my Sunday afternoon nap around 4pm.  I wanted to go to night service (started at 6pm), so I thought I had a good 2 hours to co-wash my hair, blow dry it & head to church.  I found this style up on youtube & thought it would be easy & a great protective style.


Well, I forgot how long it takes to blow-dry my hair.  Because it's so thick & curly, I have to do it in small sections & take my time to minimize breakage.  When doing this style, I had to be careful when twisting the front because I have really weak temples.  So I had to take my time to make sure the hair was secure, but that I wasn't pulling too tight.

Four hours later, here's the finished product.  Guess I won't be going to church tonight...





No comments:

Post a Comment